Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Nigel Hamilton <ni...@turbo10.com> on 2002/10/04 01:29:32 UTC

mod_perl SSL compression: Apache-Dynazip vs mod_gzip?

Hi,

	I've been using mod_gzip for the last 18 months and it has worked
really well for dynamic pages and static content.

	However, recently I've needed to use SSL, but I've heard the
combination of mod_gzip and SSL is buggy on some browsers.

	I've checked out Apache::DynaGzip and it looks like what I need -
but I'm interested in what other SSL+Compression combinations work best
with mod_perl?

	So here's a little survey ...

1. 	Are you using http compression with mod_perl?
2. 	Which compression modules? filters? are you using?
3.	Do you also compress SSL content?
4.	Do you get bizarre errors on some browsers?
5.	Do your pages contain CSS files and .js files?
6.	Recommendations?

	Here is a url that discusses compression options:

	http://www.innerjoin.org/apache-compression/

Nigel

--
Nigel Hamilton
Turbo10 Metasearch Engine

email:	nigel@turbo10.com
tel:	+44 (0) 207 987 5460
fax:	+44 (0) 207 987 5468
http://turbo10.com		Search Deeper. Browse Faster.

Re: mod_perl SSL compression: Apache-Dynazip vs mod_gzip?

Posted by Slava Bizyayev <sb...@outlook.net>.
Hi Nigel,