Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com> on 2000/11/17 16:31:25 UTC

More startup parameters [C2]

We should have a log destination parameter and a log level
parameter.  In other words:

log-dest = file://./logs/cocoon.log
log-level = INFO

That way we can control where the log target is set to
go to--but customizable in it's destination.
Alternatively, we could make "cocoon.xconf" specify these
values and have log messages in the Main and CocoonServlet
classes have a different target.

---------------------------------------
If you lust for Ham and Eggs, you have
committed breakfast in your heart
already.   -- C. S. Lewis

Re: More startup parameters [C2]

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> We should have a log destination parameter and a log level
> parameter.  In other words:
>
> log-dest = file://./logs/cocoon.log
> log-level = INFO
>
> That way we can control where the log target is set to
> go to--but customizable in it's destination.
> Alternatively, we could make "cocoon.xconf" specify these
> values and have log messages in the Main and CocoonServlet
> classes have a different target.

I prefer the cocoon.xconf way but am not sure if it's the right place.
Originally it was the place for general components used by Composers. To
take that into account, would it make sense to componentize logger with
different parameters like log-dest and log-level?

Giacomo