Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Gaet <ga...@free.fr> on 2006/08/09 12:07:33 UTC

Using variable of a tag in a scriplet...how to??

Hi all the list,

I need to use the variable defined in a collection tag in a scriptlet....and
I can't get it work!
I'm trying some codes and I don't understand why the following doesn't work,
could you help me please?

<layout:collection name="employeesVector" id="employeeRow">
        <!-- Try to define a local variable -->
        <bean:define id="EmployeeLocaleVar" name="employeeRow"/>

        <!-- try to use my variable to get a value in a HashMap -->
        <%= myHashMap.get(employeeVar.getId())) %>

</layout:collection

The webservser message is :
    "Cannot find bean cptbleLstadhRow in any scope"

If you can help, it would be great!
Thank you, at least, to take time to read me

Gaet