Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Kenny Pearce <ke...@hxti.com> on 2008/04/22 17:38:08 UTC

element

Hi,
	I've been trying to configure TypeHandlerCallback implementations using
the <typeHandler> element in <sqlMapConfig> for some time, and I have
never been able to get it to work. I have usually worked around it by
specifying the type handler for the individual parameter or result, but
I've come across a case where this can't be done: I am selecting a
single column and want it handled by my handler; I don't want it
embedded in a map or another object. I have read the documentation, and
I am following the instructions for the <typeHandler> element exactly. I
couldn't find any bug reports on JIRA. Is there anything odd/unspecified
that needs to be done to make this whole thing work? I am using iBATIS
2.3 with Java 6 and Oracle 10g.

Kenny Pearce <ke...@hxti.com>
Hx Technologies

Re: element

Posted by Kenny Pearce <ke...@hxti.com>.
I have fixed the problem by not specifying jdbcType in the
configuration. Why is this necessary? The type is CLOB.