Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com> on 2008/02/01 01:33:36 UTC

Re: producing an expanded version of a war

On 1/31/08, Shane Witbeck <sh...@digitalsanctum.com> wrote:

> Any chance of including something like this as an out-of-the-box
> feature? I believe Maven has something similar...something like
> war-inplace?

Added an issue for this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BUILDR-34

I think this option should be part of ZipTask (more precisely its parent),
so besides creating expanded WARs, we can also use it for EAR and other
packages that will come along.

Assaf

Thanks,
> Shane
>

> On 1/25/08, Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com> wrote:
> > On 1/24/08, Shane Witbeck <sh...@digitalsanctum.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I currently use the war task to create artifacts to deploy for my web
> > > apps. For some projects I need an expanded version of the war. What's
> > > the best way to achieve this? The solution I have in mind is to
> > > produce the war file then expand it via unzip. It seems like I
> > > shouldn't have to do a two step process for an expanded version of the
> > > web app.
> >

> > Another possibility is to enhance the build task to create the WAR in a
> > staging directory, and create the WAR out of that.
> >
> >  Assaf
> >
> > --
> > > Thank you,
> > >
> > > Shane Witbeck
> > > Digital Sanctum, inc.
> > > skype: digitalsanctum
> > >   blog: http://www.digitalsanctum.com
> > >

> --
> Thank you,
>
> Shane Witbeck
> Digital Sanctum, inc.
> skype: digitalsanctum
>   blog: http://www.digitalsanctum.com

--
CTO, Intalio
http://www.intalio.com

Re: producing an expanded version of a war

Posted by Victor Hugo Borja <vi...@gmail.com>.
Pacth 0006 from BUILDR-26 adds expanded archives.

--
vic

Quaerendo invenietis.