Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/15 11:23:31 UTC

Building all Hama artifacts at once

Hi all,
since it may be useful to build Hama as a whole, generating artifacts for
both core and examples I think that it'd be good if we switch to a more
proper Maven structure.
In the current one we switch the sourceDirectory to produce the correct
artifact using profiles but I think it'd be much better to separate the code
in two modules: (core and examples) and have a parent POM which can be
useful to build everything at once and create the release distribution
package.
This mean we should:

   - create a core directory in SVN topnode
   - create a examples directory in SVN topnode
   - move everything in trunk to core except src/examples
   - move src/examples to examples
   - create a pom for examples module
   - clean the pom for core module
   - create a base pom which is used to build all at once and create
   distribution package (reactor)

I know it sounds like a huge refactoring but I think this would help in
maintaining a clean build.
As a side note I'd do that for the 0.4-incubating release to go faster with
the 0.3 now.
What do you think?
Regards,
Tommaso

Re: Building all Hama artifacts at once

Posted by ChiaHung Lin <ch...@nuk.edu.tw>.
+1

I believe that is structure what maven proposes to.

--
ChiaHung Lin
Department of Information Management

Re: Building all Hama artifacts at once

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Oh.. +1

While I deploying the 0.2 artifacts to ASF repository, I heavily
thought we've gotta do something! Sadly, I'm a beginner and have to
learn more about maven.

> As a side note I'd do that for the 0.4-incubating release to go faster with
> the 0.3 now.
> What do you think?

+1

--