Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2016/04/01 22:40:45 UTC

[allura:tickets] #7949 Better listing of files changed in a certain commit

This works just right, I think.  There's a few things to make sure the code is really good though.

The commits in `testui2.git` could be more complicated so that the tests are stronger.  With just one or two files in a commit, its hard to ensure that sorting really is working right.  A good test case would be something like "add aaa.txt, remove bbb.txt, move ccc.txt to ddd.txt, add eee.txt" and check sorting then.

The test that has `# Check for sorted output.` isn't accurate, since sorting happens in the controller.  Can we have a test to validate that?  Would have to be a "functional" test and inspect the HTML (find some examples that use `r.html.find...` which is a [BeautifulSoup](https://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/bs3/documentation.html) object and a good way to check for html elements).

The pre-existing comment `# show tree entry itself as well as subtrees (Commit.added_paths relies on this)` is something we should take note of carefully.  The docstring in `Commit.added_paths` also mentions that it relies on `paged_diffs` returning all paths.  `added_paths` is used within `LastCommit` which has some quite complicated logic (it determines what to show in the 'commit' column when browsing the repository directory structure).  So, just to make sure we don't break anything there, I suggest you make an optional parameter on `paged_diffs` to control whether to use `-t` or `-r` so that it still includes folder names in that case.

---

** [tickets:#7949] Better listing of files changed in a certain commit**

**Status:** in-progress
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** ux
**Created:** Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:10 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Thu Mar 31, 2016 06:16 PM UTC
**Owner:** Pranav Sharma

Followup to [#7925] sort of - at least things noticed from there.

Would be nice to show copies and renames a little differently.  Not sure how though.

On a commit view for git, every parent directly is always listed as a change.  This is due to `-t` in the `git.diff_tree` call.  We should be able to replace this with `-r` (with some confirmation that `added_paths()` still works right)

Commit views should list all files in alphabetical order, rather than grouped by add/remove/etc.  Make sure paginating through it works correctly still too.

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/

[allura:tickets] Re: #7949 Better listing of files changed in a certain commit

Posted by Pranav Sharma <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hey Dave, check the links for review of this one.
The branch is - https://forge-allura.apache.org/u/pranav/allura/ci/pr/7949mod2/~/tree/

The commit is - https://forge-allura.apache.org/u/pranav/allura/ci/833c1b892b001d81e39879f1f7bf7681bbe75f45/

---

** [tickets:#7949] Better listing of files changed in a certain commit**

**Status:** in-progress
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** ux
**Created:** Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:10 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Fri Apr 01, 2016 08:40 PM UTC