Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Ursem, Gideon" <gi...@hp.com> on 2010/05/18 12:23:56 UTC

Windows 2003 server SP2 question

Hi,

we are planning to upgrade the OS on which subversion is running from SP1 to SP2.
Are there any known issues for Windows 2003 SP2?

We are using Subversion for Win32, version 1.1.3

Thx in advance

Met vriendelijke groet, Kind regards,

Gideon Ursem
Technical Application Support - Wintel
HP Enterprise Services
Telephone +31 88 750 5260
Email        Gideon.Ursem@hp.com

Wintel.RBS@hp.com<ma...@hp.com>

Gondel 1, 1186 MJ, Amstelveen, The Netherlands

RE: Windows 2003 server SP2 question

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.
> we are planning to upgrade the OS on which subversion is running from SP1
> to SP2.
> Are there any known issues for Windows 2003 SP2?
>
> We are using Subversion for Win32, version 1.1.3

We are running subversion on Windows 2003 SP2 with no issue.

However, we are running 1.6.9 on the server. 1.1.3 must be 4 years or more old. I would recommened upgrading svn to 1.6.11 first... then upgrade your OS.

1.1.3..... EEEK!

BOb

Re: Windows 2003 server SP2 question

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 08:23, Ursem, Gideon <gi...@hp.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are planning to upgrade the OS on which subversion is running from SP1 to
> SP2.
> Are there any known issues for Windows 2003 SP2?
>
> We are using Subversion for Win32, version 1.1.3

You really ought to upgrade your Subversion install, you're many years
past a supported version.

I've had no problems with Subversion on Win2K3 SP2, but I haven't run
anything less than 1.3 on it.