Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by jbi joe <jo...@daggerpoint.net> on 2008/10/25 12:06:35 UTC

James with evolution client question

SPammed into submission!   Im using most recent james with my repositoryPath
set to UNIX spool /var/mail/$user.   The evolution clients pick up mail
there
and in the process move it to their respective local inbox.
PROBLEM is SPAM...  Looking at configuring the Bayesian Analyiss mailet..
HOWEVER, it wants a repository path as  maildb, mysql..   Looks easy enough
to set up on the James side...  I need to know how then would the evolution
clients pick up their mail.  Not many choices configuring them..  They all
want a standard unix SPOOL to get mail in from and then sending
out is yet another issue.  In my current FILE based set up is with  james
all appears to work as intended, EXCEPT SOOOOO MUCH SPAM...
Last configuration was a sendmail setup with lots of spam blockers that
did about a 75% reduction..    PLEASE HELP  I wanna set up the bayesian
analysis
mailet unless there is a better way to block the spam...   SO where will the
evolution clients find their mail spool, .... since I have to change  from
file:// to
maildb://    how can the clients find their mail....   ANY HELP greatly
appreciated...
TIA

Re: James with evolution client question

Posted by jbi joe <jo...@daggerpoint.net>.
Set up bayesian analysis mailet and it works, kinda,, Does not
eliminate spam but dramitcally descreases it..
Successfully working with the evolution mail client too.
In fact, the mail is spooled delivered and re-distributed to
all the evolution clients better with faster throughput.