Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Joe Gresock <jg...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/06 12:13:10 UTC

Multiple masters in which version?

I seem to remember reading in one of the user guides that you can configure
multiple Masters in your cluster by adding more than one IP to the masters
file.  Is this available in Accumulo 1.4.3, or only later versions?

Thanks!
Joe

whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do

Re: Multiple masters in which version?

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com>.
Joe,

Stand-by master functionality has existed for a while now, (since before
1.4), so you should be good!

Let us know if you run into any issues.

Mike

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.
http://affy.blogspot.com/2013/12/watching-accumulo-recover-from-killed.htmlshows
the steps that I took to setup multiple masters in Accumulo 1.5. The
same steps should work on v1.4. And you can use
https://github.com/medined/Accumulo_1_4_4_By_Vagrant as a starting point.