Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Martino, Karl" <ks...@staff.philly.com> on 2000/07/31 22:12:57 UTC

Tomcat part of a huge success

FYI:

We have implemented our Java written content management system, called
Cofax, on Tomcat/Apache.  It's the publishing platform for the Philadelphia
Inquirer, Daily News, Wilkes Barre Times/Leader, Grand Forks Herald, and a
growing list of newspapers on the web.

Cofax on Tomcat has been a huge success for us.  Last week we had 2,996,319
page views with over 133GB thru-put.  This week we expect much more with the
GOP Convention in town.

More info on Cofax is at http://cofax.staff.philly.com .

We wanted to say thanks.  And to let you know that you would be welcome to
use these figures on Jakarta's home page.  You're building a great
environment for Java servlet driven technologies.

Beyond that, with the high traffic we at philly.com receive, maybe there is
a way for us to contribute in improving Tomcat's performance?

Thank you very much,
-Karl

Karl Martino
Senior Software Engineer
KnightRidder.com -> philly.com
215.789.6065

Re: Tomcat part of a huge success

Posted by David Eisner <cr...@Glue.umd.edu>.
On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Dave Harms wrote:
> Karl,
> > We have implemented our Java written content management system, called
> > Cofax, on Tomcat/Apache.
> >
> Very interesting indeed. Any idea when the license will be finalized the
> source available?

Cute.  I'm reminded of the old Groucho Marx question: "Have you stopped
beating your wife?"

I don't recall him mentioning anything about an open source license
or making the source available?

-David

Re: Tomcat part of a huge success

Posted by Dave Harms <jd...@clarionmag.com>.
Karl,

> We have implemented our Java written content management system, called
> Cofax, on Tomcat/Apache.

Very interesting indeed. Any idea when the license will be finalized the
source available?

Dave

Dave Harms
jdev@clarionmag.com