Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Brian Moseley <bc...@covalent.net> on 2002/12/25 04:14:24 UTC

LookupDispatchAction with ImageButtonBean

is there any possible way for LookupDispatchAction and ImageButtonBean
to work together?

since <html:image> elements don't send a proper value, but simply
coordinates, LDA's standard mechanism for choosing an action method
based on a single parameter doesn't work. furthermore, if you're using
multiple ImageButtonBeans, they all probably have different names anyway.

doesn't look very challenging to make LDA examine multiple (probably
ordered) parameters and simply dispatch based on the first existing
parameter. i guess it wouldn't even have to know anything about
ImageButtonBean, at that.

anybody have a better idea? has this been discussed before?

Re: LookupDispatchAction with ImageButtonBean

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
I think Ted's FindForwardAction (this is in the Scaffold codebase, I
assume, and also in his book) is the right answer for dealing with
image buttons *and* text buttons together.  In fact, this is really the
solution that I think beats LookupDispatchAction - although it makes
extra mappings and potentially more Action subclasses, it seems pretty
slick and clean to me.

	Erik