Posted to user@metron.apache.org by Farrukh Naveed Anjum <an...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/17 10:59:27 UTC

Unable to Start Metron REST (With X-PACK)

Hi,

I have Installed Baremetal 0.6.0 on Ambari 2.6 after installing X-PACK.
When I startup the Metron REST Application. I does not create Tables in
metronrest database.

2018-10-17 12:46:35,904 - Skipping stack-select on METRON because it
does not exist in the stack-select package structure.
2018-10-17 12:46:35,925 - Skipping stack-select on METRON because it
does not exist in the stack-select package structure.

Rather It keep sayings this info message. Any Idea What should I do ?

--
With Regards
Farrukh Naveed Anjum

Re: Unable to Start Metron REST (With X-PACK)

Posted by Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com>.
What type of backing DB are you using? I don't believe you should need to
change anything for an existing installation. Per the docs, I do see
commands to create a metronrest database under "database setup" and insert
statements to insert the users under "security > authentication." What do
you believe is missing there? I'm pretty sure the automatic creation still
exists for H2 databases - but be forewarned that this is only recommended
for dev/testing/demo purposes. The community decided to not make database
schema support a part of the platform, so only general sql commands are
currently provided. Just an fyi, there has been some effort towards adding
additional authentication options, e.g. LDAP. No ETA on this yet, but
thought I'd mention it in case you would have interest in it.

Since you've been working through this, do you have any
feedback/improvements you can share? Obviously, our upgrade story is fairly
manual right now, but there are plans to get things automated prior to a
1.0 release of Metron. Any other feedback or improvements you can suggest
are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Mike

Posted by Farrukh Naveed Anjum <an...@gmail.com>.