Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2015/04/10 07:01:51 UTC

[VOTE] The 4rd HBase 0.98.12 release candidate (RC3) is available, vote closing 4/17/2015

The 4rd HBase 0.98.12 release candidate (RC3) is available for download at
http://people.apache.org/~apurtell/0.98.12RC3/ and Maven artifacts are also
available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1073/

The API compatibility report with respect to the previous release can be
found at
http://people.apache.org/~apurtell/0.98.11_0.98.12RC3_compat_report.html .
The difference from the last RC is HBASE-13397 changes the return type of
getRemoteAddress in the LimitedPrivate/Evolving interface RpcServer from
String to the more appropriate (and consistent with later branches)
InetAddress.

Signed with my code signing key D5365CCD.

The issues resolved in this release can be found at http://s.apache.org/zH

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/-1 by midnight Pacific Time (00:00
-0800 GMT) on April 17 ​on whether or not we should release this as​
​0.98.12. Three +1 votes from PMC will be required to release.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)