Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Hiroyuki Takei <hi...@dxc.com> on 2020/04/19 07:39:22 UTC

Stop another broker on shuing down broker.

Hi. I use activemq 5.15.12 on CentOS.
And, I have problem as follows:

I make 6 instances on one Linux(CentOS) server.
All of brokers can start and work without problems.
But, when I try to stop one broker, some errors happens and shutdown
procedure kills another broker also.

logs:
ACTIVEMQ_HOME: /activemq/apache-activemq-5.15.12
ACTIVEMQ_BASE: /app_dev/hp_mes_dev/activemq/brokers/9100
ACTIVEMQ_CONF: /app_dev/hp_mes_dev/activemq/brokers/9100/conf
ACTIVEMQ_DATA: /app_dev/hp_mes_dev/activemq/brokers/9100/data
Connecting to pid: 14035
INFO: failed to resolve jmxUrl for pid:14035, using default JMX url
Connecting to JMX URL: service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi
Stopping broker: 9001
INFO: Regular shutdown not successful,  sending SIGKILL to process
INFO: sending SIGKILL to pid '14035'

14035 is pid of broker "9100".
I tried to stop broker "9100", but shutdown procedure kills broker "9001"
also.
As a result, both of "9100" and "9001" go down.

And, when only one broker is running, shutdown procedure can be performed
normally.
(But following information is shown.)

INFO: failed to resolve jmxUrl for pid:16301, using default JMX url
Connecting to JMX URL: service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi

I do not write section of "<mnagementContext>" in activemq.xml.

Regards.

Re: Stop another broker on shuing down broker.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
What command are you using to stop the broker?

It looks like you're using the default JMX port (1099) for all six brokers
even though they're all running on the same machine and therefore only one
of them will actually succeed in opening that server socket. Does the
problem disappear if you use a unique JMX port for each broker process?

Tim