Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Bob Paige <bo...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/29 16:46:18 UTC

Google Chrome and CollapseBox

Recently I noticed that the collapseboxes on my wiki pages no longer work in
Chrome. I am using JSPWiki 2.6.3 (yes, I know it is old) and Chrome
7.0.517.41 (automatically updated 19-Oct).

In the past I've had a problem with Chrome and cookies, where deleting
cookies fixed it, but not this time.

1. Is anyone else seeing this?

2. Is this an interaction between Chrome and the JSPWiki2.6.3 way of
handling collapsebox?

3. Is this the only strong reason for upgrading my installation (and custom
plugins, etc.) to 2.8.x?

Thanks.

--
Bobman

Re: Google Chrome and CollapseBox

Posted by Lo...@log-net.com.
Terry:

This worked!  Thanks.

For reference, the obfuscated code is:

if($type(B) == 'array'){C = B[1];A = B[2];B = B[0];}

-Lou

Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com> wrote on 03/30/2011 09:32:48 AM:

> Lous,
>
> Here's the fix I used with Dirk's excellent help.
>
> Terry
>
> Dirk,
>
> Many thanks - that did the trick.  Had to change a couple of
> variable names, but that was it.  Here's the final insert that I added:
> //protective GOOGLE CHROME fix
> if($type(ck) == 'array'){
>     _ec = ck[1];
>     _ed = ck[2];
>     ck = ck[0];
> }

> Regards,
>
> Terry
>

> On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 21:33 +0100, Dirk Frederickx wrote:
>
> Hi Terry,
>
> I noticed that something is going wrong in the function
> clickBullet() in Chrome.
>
> Normally clickBullet should receive 3 parameters.
> But in chrome it receives an array with those 3 parameters.
>

> Can you try following fix:
>
> >>original code
> clickBullet: function( ck, bulletidx, bodyfx){
>       var collapse = this.hasClass('collapseOpen'),
>          bodyHeight = bodyfx.element.scrollHeight;
>
>       if(collapse) bodyfx.start(bodyHeight, 0); else
bodyfx.start(bodyHeight);

>       ck.value = ck.value.substring(0,bulletidx) + (collapse ? 'c' :
'o')
> + ck.value.substring(bulletidx+1) ;
>       if(ck.name) Cookie.set(ck.name, ck.value, {path:Wiki.BasePath,
> duration:20});
>    },
>

> >>corrected code
> clickBullet: function( ck, bulletidx, bodyfx){
>
>                 //protective GOOGLE CHROME fix
>                 if($type(ck) == 'array'){
>                     bulletidx = ck[1];
>                     bodyfx = ck[2];
>                     ck = ck[0];
>                 }
>
>       var collapse = this.hasClass('collapseOpen'),
>          bodyHeight = bodyfx.element.scrollHeight;
>
>       if(collapse) bodyfx.start(bodyHeight, 0); else
bodyfx.start(bodyHeight);

>       ck.value = ck.value.substring(0,bulletidx) + (collapse ? 'c' :
'o')
> + ck.value.substring(bulletidx+1) ;
>       if(ck.name) Cookie.set(ck.name, ck.value, {path:Wiki.BasePath,
> duration:20});
>    },
>

> I couldn't investigate why chrome's behaviour is different from the
> other browsers.
> Let me know if this work.
>

> dirk
>

> On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 07:42 -0400, Louis.Masters@log-net.com wrote:
>
> I know this is a little late, but I just confirmed this behavior with
FF4

Posted by Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com>.
Lous,