Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Sam Berlin <sb...@limepeer.com> on 2004/12/17 05:07:31 UTC

SOAP / UPnP

Hi Folks,

HttpClient doesn't happen to have any extensions for SOAP and/or UPnP
already available, does it?  The library we're attempting to use right now
(cybergarage) really isn't working too well.

Thanks!
 Sam

Re: SOAP / UPnP

Posted by Eric Bloch <bl...@laszlosystems.com>.
Sam,

Glad to hear you got your stuff working.

We (laszlo) use Axis to proxy SOAP requests coming from Laszlo
applications, which is more client than server, I believe.
(Pablo Kang (pkang@laszlosystems.com) did the work).

I wouldn't mind a good clear reference for soap/axis though, which we're
still lacking.

-Eric

RE: SOAP / UPnP

Posted by Sam Berlin <sb...@limepeer.com>.
Hi Ortwin (and Oleg & Eric),

Re: SOAP / UPnP

Posted by Ortwin Glück <or...@nose.ch>.
Hi Sam,

Re: SOAP / UPnP

Posted by Eric Bloch <bl...@laszlosystems.com>.
re: soap

That's my understanding, too, and they have an arch. that allows you to
use either the jre http stuff or httpclient (or perhaps others?).  But
last I looked, they weren't using httpclient to the best of its
abilities.  For example, it was hard to get access to > 1 cookie, I think.

-Eric

Re: SOAP / UPnP

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.