Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Vladimir Beliaev <vl...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/25 13:59:09 UTC

[buildtest][eut] set of EUT patches for M3 to be integrated

Hello, Stepan,

The EUT status on M3 is red (although there is no bug fixing remained for
M3). To make it GREEN let's get several actions done:

a) fix Summary Reporter to consider Expected Crashes

b) correct Expected Failure List files for particular EUT version / platform

For now I propose to commit set of patches related to EUT CC-based automated
testing. Here they are:

1. HARMONY-4835 ([buildtest][eut] Expected Crashes must be considered by
summary reporter)

2. HARMONY-4847 ([buildtest][eut] rename index.htm to index.html and add
links to output.txt and report.txt)

3. HARMONY-4849
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-4849>([buildtest][eut]
warn if passed test is in EFL)

*Please get them committed before next snapshot testing*.

I still need to prepare some EFL-related patches to be proposed for M3.

Thanks
Vladimir Beliaev

2007/9/22, Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> According to the plan - Sept. 22 is code freeze date for M3 so let's
> follow policy:
> "no more commits please without agreement from two committers on the dev
> list."
>
> Let's do more testing and analyze if there any critical/blocker issues
> for consideration.
> Please raise here issues that you think MUST be fixed for M3.
>
> Thanks,
> Stepan Mishura

Vladimir Beliaev
Intel Middleware Products Division

Re: [buildtest][eut] set of EUT patches for M3 to be integrated

Posted by Vladimir Beliaev <vl...@gmail.com>.
BTW, I complete testing the failures/errors/crashes I've got locally during
nightly run.

They are NOT reproducible if I run a single EUT Suite (like jdtdebug or
jdttext).

So the EFL patches you just committed are to produce the corrct EFLs (or
these local issues are intermittent ones).

So, let's see what your cycled testing will show.

Thanks
Vladimir Beliaev

Posted by Vladimir Beliaev <vl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vladimir,

Posted by Vladimir Beliaev <vl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Stepan.

Please note that I found a set of JIRAs which relates to automatied testing
but looks like they are missed:

   - HARMONY-2687
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2687>[testing]
buildtest patch for adding Eclipse Unit Tests runs to CC
   - HARMONY-3528 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-3528>
[testing]
   contribution of the Functional test suite
   - HARMONY-3598
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-3598>[testing]
SPECjvm98 runner integration to the buildtest infrastructure
   - HARMONY-3629 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-3629>
[testing]
   Iterative runs of Classlibrary unit tests under BT2.0

There JIRAs may be out-of-date, so they may be set to Resolved as INVALID or
WON'T FIX.
In particular:

   - HARMONY-2687
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2687>[testing]
buildtest patch for adding Eclipse Unit Tests runs to CC

*First, let's get this JIRA name to be started with "[buildtest][eut]"*.
I've checked the patch - this JIRA relates to
HARMONY-4807<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-4807>
([buildtest][eut]
EUT summary reporter), at least it does some XML parsing in Java. *So,
second - let's get it resolved as WON'T FIX or DUPLICATE of
*HARMONY-4807<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-4807>
.

BTW, I was suprised seeing a patch for
HARMONY-2687<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2687>
(which
I actually missed initially). Fortunately I hardly can reuse
HARMONY-2687<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2687> patch
while working on
HARMONY-4807<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-4807>.
The main idea of
HARMONY-2687<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2687> is
TXT report generating while main idea of
HARMONY-4807<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-4807> is
overall EUT run status collection which allows producing any kind of report
(html summary, report.txt).

Stepan, could you please care about
HARMONY-2687<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2687>
?

Posted by Vladimir Beliaev <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hello, Stepan,

Posted by Vladimir Beliaev <vl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Stepan.

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.
On 9/25/07, Vladimir Beliaev wrote:
> Hello, Stepan,
>
> The EUT status on M3 is red (although there is no bug fixing remained for
> M3). To make it GREEN let's get several actions done:
>
> a) fix Summary Reporter to consider Expected Crashes
>
> b) correct Expected Failure List files for particular EUT version / platform
>
> For now I propose to commit set of patches related to EUT CC-based automated
> testing. Here they are:
>
> 1. HARMONY-4835 ([buildtest][eut] Expected Crashes must be considered by
> summary reporter)

Done.

> 2. HARMONY-4847 ([buildtest][eut] rename index.htm to index.html and add
> links to output.txt and report.txt)

Done.

> 3. HARMONY-4849
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-4849>([buildtest][eut]