Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Mike Mimic <pp...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/07 21:03:49 UTC

[mp1.26] Mod_perl ignore $\

Hi!

I have found mod_perl bug.

Mod_perl ignore value of $\ varibale and it does not
print its contents after each print call.

As this is deviation from Perl lanugage I consider
this a bug.

Here is a simple program which works under normal
Perl (from shell) and from Apache as CGI program
(not under mod_perl) but it fails under mod_perl:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
$\ = "\n";
print 'Line 1';
print 'Line 2';

It's ouput when ran from shell:

Line 1
Line 2

It's ouput when ran under mod_cgi:
Line 1
Line 2

It's ouput when ran under mod_perl:
Line 1Line 2

I would like to know how can I correct this.
Is there any patch? Is there a workaround.

Mike

Server version: Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) Debian GNU/Linux
Server built: Jun 19 2002 12:00:21
mod_perl version: 1.26
perl -V output: attached

http://health.yahoo.com

Re: [mp1.26] Mod_perl ignore $\

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Mike Mimic wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have found mod_perl bug.
>
> Mod_perl ignore value of $\ varibale and it does not
> print its contents after each print call.

thanks for the bug report.  I added it to the listing so we can keep
track of it.

--Geoff