Posted to dev@dlab.apache.org by Dmytro Liaskovskyi <Dm...@epam.com.INVALID> on 2019/03/04 12:49:03 UTC

[MENTORS]: DLab Podling Report March 2019

Colleagues,
Could you please review and submit Podling report from DLab for March.
Thanks in advance.

DMYTRO LIASKOVSKYI
Software Engineering Manager

Office: +380 322 424 642 x 57729<tel:+380%20322%20424%20642;ext=57729>   Cell: +380 97 341 1315<tel:+380%2097%20341%201315>   Email: dmytro_liaskovskyi@epam.com<ma...@epam.com>
Lviv, Ukraine   epam.com<http://www.epam.com/>

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION AND DISCLAIMER
This message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) to which it is addressed and contains information that is legally privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. All unintended recipients are obliged to delete this message and destroy any printed copies.

From: Dmytro Liaskovskyi <Dm...@epam.com>
Date: Monday, March 4, 2019 at 14:44
To: "dev@dlab.apache.org" <de...@dlab.apache.org>, "dev@dlab.incubator.apache.org" <de...@dlab.incubator.apache.org>
Subject: DLab Podling Report March 2019

 *   Your project name

DLab

    *   A brief description of your project, which assumes no knowledge of the project or necessarily of its field

DLab is a platform for creating self-service, exploratory data science environments in the cloud using best-of-breed data science tools.

    *   A list of the three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation.

  1. Exectute the SGA between EPAM and the ASF so code can be imported - done
  2. Complete on-boarding of initial committers - done
  3. Work toward an initial Apache release - release branch created. Pending VOTE apache general list

    *   Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be aware of

Not this time

    *   How has the community developed since the last report

All initial committers have completed on-boarding. Also we've added 3 more contributors: Anna Orlovska, Oleksandr Isniuk and Demyan Mysakovets who are currently onboarding and doing initial work to prove contribution.

    *   How has the project developed since the last report.

The team fully switched our work to Apache Infrastructure: JIRA, Git. Also we've been working hardly towards first Apache release. Release branch has been created and is waiting for further acceptance by means of voting in apache general mailing list. We've already reviewed and fixed couple of enhancements proposed by our mentors in regards to the release.
We've added bunch of new features, all of them described in release notes: https://github.com/apache/incubator-dlab/releases/tag/2.1

    *   How does the podling rate their own maturity.

  [] Initial setup
  [X] Working towards first release
  [X] Community building
  [ ] Nearing graduation
  [ ] Other:

    *   Help needed by DLab team from Apache:

We would highly appreciate if following page could start being populated: https://incubator.apache.org/projects/dlab.html, currently there are many empty pages, not all sections are filled in.
The team can provide all needed information, but unfortunately we don't ability to Edit this page.

This should be appended to the Incubator Wiki page at:
    https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/March2019

Re: [MENTORS]: DLab Podling Report March 2019

Posted by Henry Saputra <hs...@apache.org>.
Hi Dmytro,

Thanks for the report. I will upload it to the Incubator report page:
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/March2019

All the PPMC should also create account in that wiki page and ask for edit
karma to the general@ list to make sure you can edit report if needed.

As for the https://incubator.apache.org/projects/dlab.html, I will which
ones are missing and will add information needed.

Thanks,

- Henry