Posted to users@felix.apache.org by bokie <jm...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/17 22:24:17 UTC

Declarative Services

I've been playing around with Declarative Services all of last week with no
problems.

Now, I've just put together a new project and I'm get the following error
and I have no idea waht the problem is:

ERROR: my.proj.x (11): [my.proj.x.server] Cannot register Component
org.osgi.service.component.ComponentException: Component my.proj.x.server
validation failed: activate method declaration requires DS 1.1 or later
namespace

Can some please help?

Thanks,
Jorge

Re: Declarative Services

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi Jorge

Yes, this is correct (although .../v1.1.0 would have technically been sufficient).

Point is that the "activate" and other Component element attributes have been added after the initial DS 1.0 release and have thus been defined in an updated Schema referenced by a new versioned URL.

And you have to explicitly declare the schema URL if you are using a schema which is provided by an update of the DS spec since the default URL is the 1.0 URL of the original spec.

Regards
Felix

Re: Declarative Services