Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "SerpentMage (Christian Gross)" <ma...@devspace.com> on 2003/10/15 12:12:35 UTC

[users@httpd] Daisy Chaining Scripts

I was trying to find an answer if it is possible to daisy chain scripts
together.  For example, lets say that a PHP is called, which then needs
to be processed by a CGI script.  Is that possible.  I looked at filters
and it seemed that it should be possible, but cannot figure the
combination to do this.

Thanks

Christian Gross

Re: [users@httpd] Daisy Chaining Scripts

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
SerpentMage (Christian Gross) wrote:
> I was trying to find an answer if it is possible to daisy chain scripts
> together.  For example, lets say that a PHP is called, which then needs
> to be processed by a CGI script.  Is that possible.  I looked at filters
> and it seemed that it should be possible, but cannot figure the
> combination to do this.

You can do this by using output filters. That wouldn't be a CGI, though.

If you need to process/filter the output of a PHP document, you can you
mod_ext_filter (http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_ext_filter.html),
or write your own module hooking in the filter chain if you need the
performance.

If you be more specific about what sort of "chaining" you need to do, we'll
be able to give you more specific suggestions.

Regards,
Robert Andersson