Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Sideleau <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/01 21:44:18 UTC

Persistent HTTP session cookies

I am in progress of moving an old legacy based web
application for internal use from Sun Java System Web
Server to tomcat. We currently have a Sun Java System
Web Server specific setting that allows the JSESSIONID
cookie to be persisted to their machine for a day.
This allows internal users to close their browsers
without having to log back in again. Is there a
similiar tomcat setting? I have not been able to find
one.

Thank you.

Re: Persistent HTTP session cookies

Posted by Leon Rosenberg <ro...@googlemail.com>.
I doubt that tomcat support this kind of session cookies. However, you
could configure tomcat to have session timeout about 24h (or whatever
you need) and in your servlet/filter/action overwrite JSESSIONID
Cookie with a persistent cookie. I think it should work equally well.
regards
Leon