Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/01 23:59:56 UTC

spark-ec2 default to Hadoop 2

https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/fd8d283eeb98e310b1e85ef8c3a8af9e547ab5e0/ec2/spark_ec2.py#L162-L164

Is there any reason we shouldn't update the default Hadoop major version in
spark-ec2 to 2?

Nick

Re: spark-ec2 default to Hadoop 2

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.
Yeah calling it Hadoop 2 was a very bad naming choice (of mine!), this
was back when CDH4 was the only real distribution available with some
of the newer Hadoop API's and packaging.

I think to not surprise people using this, it's best to keep v1 as the
default. Overall, we try not to change default values too often to
make upgrading easy for people.

- Patrick

Posted by Shivaram Venkataraman <sh...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.

Posted by Shivaram Venkataraman <sh...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.
FWIW there is a PR open to add support for Hadoop 2.4 to spark-ec2 scripts
at https://github.com/mesos/spark-ec2/pull/77 -- But it hasnt' received
much review or testing to be merged.

Thanks
Shivaram