Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Gabriel Beims Bräscher <ga...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/01 23:33:26 UTC

Re: Re: [PROPOSE] RM for 4.12

Hi all,

Updating the CloudStack 4.12.0.0 releasing status.
Current state: freezing master for 4.12, due 4th February.

Due to 'blocker' PRs that were found before the RC1, the current freezing
state is postponed to 4th February. The goal is to merge those PRs and then
work to generate the RC1 due 5th or 6th February.

Blockers:
- PR # 3154 Copy template to target KVM host if needed when migrating local
<> local storage - needs reviewers, CI tests failing
- PR # 3162 Fix issue with verification of ipv4 / ipv6 address. - ok to be
merged

PRs to be merged:
- PR # 3133 (feature: add libvirt / qemu io bursting) - ok to be merged
- PR # 3122 (Add back ability to disable backup of snapshot to secondary) -
ok to be merged

New bug:
- PR # 3161 Fix behavior of multiselect in list view

Merged:
- PR # 3150 api: add command to list management servers (addressing PR #
2578)
- PR # 3149 Fix UI bug: Create Network Offering Popup has no fields
- PR # 3150 api: add command to list management servers

Closed issues:
- Issue # 3148 UI: Create Network Offering Popup does not show fields. -
fixed by a merged PR

Due to the tight schedule, unfortunately, some PRs and issues are likely to
stay out of scope for now:
- PR # 3126 (Improve System VM startup and memory usage)
- PR # 2983 (KVM live storage migration NFS-NFS)
- PR # 3091 (Address reviewers from abandoned PR # 1597)
- PR # 2311 (optimization for applying port forward rules)
- PR # 3036 (extra capabilities for VMs snapshots)

- Issue # 3081 (L2 guest networking via UI)
- issue # 3068 (some UI additions)
- issue # 3041 (Decision making logic of which Secondary storage to be used
Secondary storage to be used)
- Issue # 3040 (Broadcast URI not set to VXLAN, but VLAN)

I appreciate all the effort that has been put so far.
Best regards,
Gabriel.

Re: Re: [PROPOSE] RM for 4.12

Posted by Gabriel Beims Bräscher <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I have been able to perform some tests on the RC1 and it looks good.
I will be providing more details later on, in a mail entitled as '[VOTE]
Apache CloudStack 4.12.0.0 RC1'.

Regards,
Gabriel.

Re: Re: [PROPOSE] RM for 4.12