Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Peter Niederwieser <pn...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/02 14:55:05 UTC

Why are projects deploying to repo1.maven.org not allowed to use plugins from other repositories?

Say I need a plugin for my release process that's not available from
repo1.maven.org. How would the inclusion of a plugin repository affect the
users of my artifact? Or why else is it not allowed to add a plugin
repository?

Cheers,
Peter

RE: Why are projects deploying to repo1.maven.org not allowed to use plugins from other repositories?

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
This isn't a hard and fast rule, but we generally like to see that the
entire enclosure is available on Central. You would need to introduce
not just the pluginRepo, but probably a regular repo and that's where
problems start. That repo then pollutes the downstream resolution for
other artifact lookups and this is what causes people problems.