Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "R. David Murray" <bi...@bitdance.com> on 2002/01/23 22:00:36 UTC

PUT configuration problem: path access error

I'm trying to configure PUT support according to the information
in the Apache documentation and the Apacheweek article.  When
I try to send a request to the put script like this:

-----
PUT /cd3/test.txt HTTP/1.0
Host: www.xxxxxxxxxx.com

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-----

what I see in the error log for the virthost is:

[Wed Jan 23 15:03:49 2002] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xx.xx] client denied by server configuration: /var/www/virthost/xxxxxxxxxx/var/www

It looks like Apache is trying to validate access to the file to be
PUT (the script never gets called), and is using the wrong path.
The PUT example above follows the example test from the apacheweek
article.  The virthost configuration is below, which also follows
the article (at least, I think <wry grin>).

I've tried searching the mailing list for an answer, but haven't
been able to get any hits.  It seems like this should have an
obvious answer, some configuration switch I'm not aware of.  Can
anyone clue me in?

---------
<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xx.xx:80>
  ServerName www.xxxxxxxxxx.com
  DocumentRoot /var/www/virthost/xxxxxxxxxx
  ServerAdmin webmaster@xxxxxxxxxx.com
  ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/xxxxxxxxxx-error_log
  CustomLog /var/log/httpd/xxxxxxxxxx-access_log combined
  <Directory /var/www/virthost/xxxxxxxxxx>
    AllowOverride All
    Options All +Includes -Indexes
  </Directory>
  ScriptAlias cd3 /var/www/virthost/xxxxxxxxxx/cd3
  <Directory /var/www/virthost/xxxxxxxxxx/cd3>
    AllowOverride All
    Options All +Includes -Indexes
    Script PUT /var/www/virthost/xxxxxxxxxx/put1.pl
    Script GET /var/www/virthost/xxxxxxxxxx/put1.pl
    Script POST /var/www/virthost/xxxxxxxxxx/put1.pl
    <Limit PUT>
      allow from all
    </Limit>
  </Directory>