Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by revati joshi <re...@yahoo.com> on 2005/12/28 09:44:38 UTC

Highlighter

Hello lucene members,
                                       i hve tried indexing n searching n it works properly.Now i want to use Highlighter class in my search class for highlighting terms.But when i call this class or import this class then this class is not interpreted by java.As lucene1.4.3 has got all .class files in it,there no .class file of Highlighter class.whether i hve to compile this class specifically n use it in my search class or wht is the procedure for implementing Highlighter class.Plz suggest  some solution for this.

---------------------------------

Re: Highlighter

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
The Highlighter class is not in the core of Lucene.  When 1.4.3 was
released, the add-ons such as the Highlighter were in a separate CVS
repository called "sandbox".  When we moved to Subversion we put it
all together and it is now under a directory called contrib/highlighter.

To have a Highlighter compatible with Lucene 1.4.3 you will not be
able to use the Subversion code though.  The easiest thing to do is
get the JAR file that comes with the Lucene in Action free code
download at http://www.lucenebook.com

	Erik