Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2009/02/19 18:00:23 UTC

[VOTE] Release javamail spec (1.6) and javamail provider (1.7)

This is a vote for a combined release of the javamail spec and the
javamail provider (+ the uber jar).  The provider changes have
dependencies on the spec changes, so these need to be released at the
same time.  Geronimo will need the updated uber jar for the Geronimo
2.1.4 and 2.2 releases.

The components up for release are:
geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.6
geronimo-javamail_1.4-1.7
geronimo-javamail_1.4_provider-1.7
geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail-1.7    (uber jar containing spec+providers)

The following changes are included for the javamail spec:
- GERONIMO-4307 Base64DecoderStream return int value between -128 and
+127, should be between +0 and +255
- GERONIMO-4339 Calling MimeMessage#setRecipients with empty array
causes ArrayOutOfBoundsException Patch provided by Andreas Velthen
- GERONIMO-4340 MimePartDataSource incorrectly assumes that MimeMessages
are never transfer encoded
- GERONIMO-4341 javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: Unable to locate
provider for protocol: pop3
- GERONIMO-4342 MimeMessage#writeTo doesn't flush the encoder stream
- Parse content types with parameters containing escaped characters.
(GERONIMO-4421)

The following changes are included for the javamail provider:
- GERONIMO-4290 pop3s: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: hostname
can't be null
- GERONIMO-4294 mail.pop3s.socketFactory.class is ignored
- GERONIMO-4341  javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: Unable to locate
provider for protocol: pop3
- GERONIMO-4344 IMAPMessage#updateHeader updates header with wrong value
- GERONIMO-4372 Wrong DEFAULT_IMAP_PORT in the Geronimo JavaMail 1.4
provider
- fixed transport class name for smtps (GERONIMO-4476)
- Can't read anything in if input is not set
- tie down maven-shade-plugin version
- IMAPMessage loadContent() and writeTo() fixes. Test code based on
patch from Andreas Veithen (GERONIMO-4352)
- added tests for pop3 store - same as for imap
- add LICENSE and NOTICE files
- update spec version in preparation for release

Staging repos:
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-repo/specs/geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec/
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-repo/javamail/

The svn locations are here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/tags/geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.6
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/javamail/tags/geronimo-javamail_1.4-1.7

Staging sites:
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-site/specs/geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec/1.6/
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-site/javamail/1.7/

The vote is open for 72 hours and or until sufficient votes are received

[ ] +1  Release the javamail spec and provider
[ ] +0  No opinion
[ ] -1  Don't release the javamail spec and provider

Thanks,
Joe

[RESULT][VOTE] Release javamail spec (1.6) and javamail provider (1.7)

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
The vote passes with 7 +1 votes and no others.

I'll push the binaries and site out today.

Thanks!
Joe

Re: [VOTE] Release javamail spec (1.6) and javamail provider (1.7)

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
oops .. I never voted myself.  Here's my +1

Joe

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Jay

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
+1

Jarek

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

Builds fine, source looks good, and generated binaries look good.

--kevan

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
+1

-Donald