Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Rohit Jain <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/02 10:24:55 UTC

Promotion Query

Hello All,

we are using OFBiz 10.04
In catalog-> promo tabs
Query:- If we have 10 categories, and want to create a Promotion that can
be apply for all 9 categories but excluding 1.
for this, is it required to mention all those 9 categories in category
include section for promo Condition?
Or there is any other way to achieve it?
I have tried to use exclude category option but its not full fill our
requirement.
As if a order that include 1 product from that 1 excluded category with
other category products than promotion not applying

Please provide your thoughts, it will help us

--

Thanks & Regards

Re: Promotion Query

Posted by Rohit Jain <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dev,

Thanks for replay.
10 categories are just for explaining my case it could be more then 20-50
or 100
and all these categories are at same level that could have some sub-level
categories.
so I just want to know can we set such condition by that we can exclude 1
or more categories.
As you mention include/exclude are for subcategories so I think we need to
add "Browse Root" category with promotion and then need to exclude some
categories from them.
I will try this but is it right to add Browse Root category with a
promotion?

--

Thanks & Regards

Re: Promotion Query