Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by John Ky <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2000/03/30 09:29:19 UTC

Text of current node

How do I use XSL to access the text of the
current node?

My XML book says I can do this:

<xsl:value-of />

But it doesn't seem to work.  Eg:

   <xsl:for-each select="menu-item">
     <a>
      <xsl:attribute name="href">
       javascipt:
       fireEvent(
        '<xsl:value-of select="@widgetID"/>',
        'onclick'
        );
      </xsl:attribute>
      <xsl:value-of />
     </a>
   </xsl:for-each>

http://im.yahoo.com

Re: Text of current node

Posted by Phil Lanch <ph...@aldigital.co.uk>.
John Ky wrote:

> My XML book says I can do this:
>
> <xsl:value-of />

i guess that must have worked in earlier working drafts of the XSLT
spec; now you need-

<xsl:value-of select="."/>

--

cheers

phil

"The cab company the card in Alkan's bathroom referred to
was easily found. It was a cubbyhole tenanted by an Italian
speaker in a flat tweed cap. He made no sign of remembering
a tall, thin man, somewhat like Le Corbusier. Indeed, it could
have been a resistance to the Modernist movement as a whole that
made him so abusive towards me when I pressed him for information."

Re: Text of current node

Posted by John Ky <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Stefano:
> <xsl:value-of select="."/>

That notation makes perfect sense.

Thanks

John

http://im.yahoo.com

Re: Text of current node

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
John Ky wrote:

> How do I use XSL to access the text of the
> current node?
>
> My XML book says I can do this:
>
> <xsl:value-of />
>
> But it doesn't seem to work.  Eg: