Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com> on 2021/08/26 20:55:15 UTC

[VOTE][RUST] Release Apache Arrow Rust 5.3.0 RC1

Hi,

I would like to propose a release of Apache Arrow Rust Implementation,
version 5.3.0.

This release candidate is based on commit:
9f7707cd2c0fe07e989dbd0afce4d4850921df4a [1]

The proposed release tarball and signatures are hosted at [2].

The changelog is located at [3].

Please download, verify checksums and signatures, run the unit tests,
and vote on the release. There is a script [4] that automates some of
the verification.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Arrow Rust
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this as Apache Arrow Rust  because...

[1]:
https://github.com/apache/arrow-rs/tree/9f7707cd2c0fe07e989dbd0afce4d4850921df4a
[2]: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/arrow/apache-arrow-rs-5.3.0-rc1
[3]:
https://github.com/apache/arrow-rs/blob/9f7707cd2c0fe07e989dbd0afce4d4850921df4a/CHANGELOG.md
[4]:
https://github.com/apache/arrow-rs/blob/master/dev/release/verify-release-candidate.sh

RESULT Re: [VOTE][RUST] Release Apache Arrow Rust 5.3.0 RC1

Posted by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com>.
With 3 +1 votes the release is approved.

The release is available at;
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/arrow/arrow-rs-5.3.0

I have also published this release to crates.io:
https://crates.io/crates/arrow/5.3.0
https://crates.io/crates/arrow-flight/5.3.0
https://crates.io/crates/parquet/5.3.0
https://crates.io/crates/parquet-derive/5.3.0

Thanks to everyone who contributed and verified this release.

Have a great week,
Andrew

Posted by Jorge Cardoso Leitão <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jorge Cardoso Leitão <jo...@gmail.com>.