Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David DELGRANCHE <dd...@sogitec.fr> on 2001/04/18 10:50:00 UTC

Servlet jar files

		Hi all,

	I would like to put all my servlet files in a jar file and then put the
jar file in the classes/ directory. By doing this, Tomcat doesn't find my
servlet and send me a HTTP 404 error. Does anyone how to specifiy to Tomcat
that the servlets are in a jar file?
	Thanks a lot
	David.

Re: Servlet jar files

Posted by Samuel ARNOD-PRIN <sa...@smile.ch>.
David DELGRANCHE a écrit :

>                 Hi all,
>
>         I would like to put all my servlet files in a jar file and then put the
> jar file in the classes/ directory. By doing this, Tomcat doesn't find my
> servlet and send me a HTTP 404 error. Does anyone how to specifiy to Tomcat
> that the servlets are in a jar file?
>         Thanks a lot
>         David.
the jar file must not be put into the classes directory but lib instead,
isn't it ?

Re: Servlet jar files

Posted by Ed Gomolka <eg...@gyldan.com>.
The WAR file is strictly a webapp deployment mechanism.
The WAR file is a jarred archive of the entire webapp.

If all you want to do is put your sevlets in a jar file, you need to
place the file in the WEB-INF/lib directory.
When Tomcat starts up, it will find all classes in the WEB-INF/classes
directory, and all JAR files in the WEB-INF/lib directory.

Ed

--

Ed Gomolka
(egomolka@gyldan.com)