Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Dan A. Dickey" <da...@savvis.net> on 2008/11/14 22:11:46 UTC

delete oddity...

Note to whomever writes documentation:
It would be nice to note in the documentation for doing a <delete>
that is specified in the schema.xml configuration file.  For doing deletes
by id, of course.  :)

The wiki at http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessages?highlight=%28delete%29
was just a little misleading, at least for me.
	-Dan

--
Dan A. Dickey
dan.dickey@savvis.net

SAVVIS, Inc.
Built to Respond

Re: delete oddity...

Posted by "Dan A. Dickey" <da...@savvis.net>.
On Friday 14 November 2008 15:11:46 Dan A. Dickey wrote:
> Note to whomever writes documentation:
> It would be nice to note in the documentation for doing a <delete>
> that is specified in the schema.xml configuration file.  For doing deletes
> by id, of course.  :)
>
> The wiki at http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessages?highlight=%28delete%29
> was just a little misleading, at least for me.

Ok, hold on a sec... let m
e clarify just a bit.

In my schema.xml I have something like:
	<uniqueKey>myID</uniqueKey>

The xml:
	<delete><myID>fred</myID></delete>
fails.

The xml:
works.
	-Dan

--
Dan A. Dickey
dan.dickey@savvis.net

SAVVIS, Inc.
Built to Respond

Re: delete oddity...

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Nov 14, 2008, at 4:11 PM, Dan A. Dickey wrote:
> Note to whomever writes documentation:

We all do :)

Feel free to create a wiki account and edit the page if you like.
Much appreciated in fact!

You're right ... that's a confusing oddity about the <delete> command.

	Erik