Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by seera naveen <se...@yahoo.co.in> on 2003/06/20 07:46:20 UTC

getRemoteUser is returning null

Hi,

When I try to retrieve request.getRemoteUser() in
Tomcat 4.1.24, it is returning null.  I am not using
any of Realms, but I am having my own logging
mechanism. (checking usernames/passwords against LDAP
manually).  Why is this behaving like this?  Am I
doing something wrong?

Also, can any body tell me what exactly is Digital key
authentication.(because we use certificates for
authentication.  Does this means authenticating users
against LDAP also?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in
advance..

naveen

Re: getRemoteUser is returning null

Posted by Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n <fi...@terra.es>.
AFAICT, getRemoteUser() returns a user name only if that user name has
been sent via HTTP. Not with certificates.

For certificates, see my post 1 minute ago.

Antonio Fiol