Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by cj...@qantas.com.au on 2005/12/05 05:42:36 UTC

problem with input stream being closed

Hi There,

Am using axis 1.1 and we want to subclass AxisServlet and implement doPost
primarily so that we can output the SOAP requests to a specific log file.
My problem is that when I extract the request from request.getInputStream
the inputstream is now closed and can't be used again. I've tried using
inputstreams that allow marking and resetting but none of these seem to
work, I keep getting "org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
" back.

My query is, how does the axis code manage to extract the data from the
inputstream in the method getSOAPPartAsString without closing the stream
and thus rendering it unuseable by the SAX parser as my code does? I've had
a look at the underlying code of this - SOAPPart.getAsString -> getAsBytes
and it's doing normal IO to get the data. However, when I use exaclty the
same method of working on the inputstream it renders it unuseable.

Help! If this is something simple, can you please let me know or it's not
that simple I'd very much appreciate it if you could point me in the right
direction.

thanks for your time.

************** PLEASE CONSIDER OUR ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING *************
******************* Confidentiality and Privilege Notice *******************

This e-mail is intended only to be read or used by the addressee. It is
confidential and may contain legally privileged information. If you are not
the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the
message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone,
and you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply
e-mail. Confidentiality and legal privilege are not waived or lost by reason
of mistaken delivery to you.

Qantas Airways Limited
ABN 16 009 661 901

Visit Qantas online at http://qantas.com