Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Joe Swatosh <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/13 16:13:57 UTC

Re: svn commit: r35825 - trunk

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 1:21 AM, Bert Huijben <rh...@sharpsvn.net> wrote:
> Author: rhuijben
> Date: Thu Feb 12 01:21:50 2009
> New Revision: 35825
>

>  * Failing ruby bindings test, see:
>    http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2009-01/0771.shtml
> +   Note that the tests fail on ^/branches/1.5.x too.

Just so you know I'm not ignoring this problem:
I can't reproduce on the branch or trunk.

Anyone have suggestions about how I can help?
--
Joe

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=1151692

Re: svn commit: r35825 - trunk

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
Hyrum K. Wright wrote:
> On Feb 13, 2009, at 10:13 AM, Joe Swatosh wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 1:21 AM, Bert Huijben
>> <rh...@sharpsvn.net> wrote:
>>> Author: rhuijben
>>> Date: Thu Feb 12 01:21:50 2009
>>> New Revision: 35825
>>>
>>> * Failing ruby bindings test, see:
>>>   http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2009-01/0771.shtml
>>> +   Note that the tests fail on ^/branches/1.5.x too.
>>>
>> Just so you know I'm not ignoring this problem:
>> I can't reproduce on the branch or trunk.
>>
>> Anyone have suggestions about how I can help?
>
> C-Mike is looking at it on the same hardware as the failing buildbot.
> I think that if we get to the point where this is the only blocker for
> 1.6, I'm fine with punting on it, given that it only shows up
> sporadically, and also fails on the 1.5.x branch.  It's a shame that
> it affects the buildbot, though, because it makes it more difficult to
> spot legitimate failures.

Yes.  I finally got a build on that box linked against an APR that has pool
debugging enabled.  And guess what?  The test no longer fails.  :-(

--
C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=1151790

Re: svn commit: r35825 - trunk

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.
On Feb 13, 2009, at 10:13 AM, Joe Swatosh wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 1:21 AM, Bert Huijben
> <rh...@sharpsvn.net> wrote:
>> Author: rhuijben
>> Date: Thu Feb 12 01:21:50 2009
>> New Revision: 35825
>>

>> * Failing ruby bindings test, see:
>>   http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2009-01/0771.shtml
>> +   Note that the tests fail on ^/branches/1.5.x too.
>>

> Just so you know I'm not ignoring this problem:
> I can't reproduce on the branch or trunk.
>
> Anyone have suggestions about how I can help?

C-Mike is looking at it on the same hardware as the failing buildbot.
I think that if we get to the point where this is the only blocker for
1.6, I'm fine with punting on it, given that it only shows up
sporadically, and also fails on the 1.5.x branch.  It's a shame that
it affects the buildbot, though, because it makes it more difficult to
spot legitimate failures.

-Hyrum

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=1151714