Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> on 2022/01/17 17:38:39 UTC

[NOTICE] Apache NetBeans 13 feature freeze / release branches

Hi All,

As per earlier email, the delivery and release branches for NetBeans
13 have now been set up.  Please don't merge to master until the spec
version increment is in.

With a couple of exceptions, all open pull requests for NB13 have been
pushed to NB14. If there's a need to get a particular PR into 13,
please rebase on delivery and add the NB13 milestone. As we now have
multiple people doing the release process, there's no need to add us
all as reviewers - we'll work off the milestone.

A first release candidate will be available in a couple of days.

In addition to the usual rules on pull requests below, note that this
will be our first release using GitHub issues to track things that
need to be addressed in the release.  Please don't open JIRA tickets
for the release candidates.  Please help with opening a GitHub issue
if you notice critical things to address before 13 can be released.

**The following rules are applied to the pull request from now until release:**

PR's intended to be included in the 13 release :
 - Limited to fixes. (no longer need a ticket, but reference issue if
there is one)
 - Label with priority:high or priority:critical as appropriate.
 - Base on the delivery branch.
 - Mark with NB13 milestone.
 - Will be merged by the release team.
 - Will be assessed against the bug priority guidelines.

PR's with features for a future release :
 - Base on the master branch.
 - Will be reviewed and merged in the usual way.
 - If possible stay away from big refactoring.
 - If possible do not overlap with fixes for 13 (delivery will be
merged to master weekly).

Thanks and best wishes,

Neil

Re: [NOTICE] Apache NetBeans 13 feature freeze / release branches

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 17 Jan 2022 at 17:38, Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> wrote:
> Please don't merge to master until the spec
> version increment is in.

OK, spec version increment merged so merging to master for NetBeans 14
can proceed.

Best wishes,

Neil