Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Rick Mortensen <rl...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/31 05:25:26 UTC

JS 2.12 Broken pipe error on MySQL

When I upgraded to JS 2.1.2 ­ with MySQL as the db ­ if the portal is idle
for 8 hours ­ the portal loses the connection and throws the following
error:

** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION **

java.net.SocketException
MESSAGE: Broken pipe

I¹m using the same MySQL version and JDBC driver.  Adding the
?autoReconnect=true parameter to the jdbc url does not seem to help.
Increasing the timeout settings on mysql does resolve ­ but not a good idea
to do that.

Has anyone else seen this behavior with 2.1.2?  Did not have any issues with
previous versions.

Re: JS 2.12 Broken pipe error on MySQL

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Could you try to disable statistics and retest with a shorter
wait_timeout to make the test easier

WEB-INF/assembly/statistics.xml

change logToDatabase to false:

	<!-- logToDatabase -->
       	<constructor-arg  index='1'  type="boolean"><value>false</
value></constructor-arg>

restart

For MySQL:

The default setting is 8 hours. See /etc/my.cnf:

[mysqld]
default-storage-engine=INNODB
wait_timeout = 60

The setting is in seconds, so after 60 seconds
Of course changing my.cnf requires restarting MySQL
Retest and let us know what happens...