Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Jan Labanowski <jk...@osc.edu> on 2000/04/03 05:05:47 UTC

Unofficial instal notes and FAQ for Tomcat 3.1b1 available

Dear Developers and Users,

Please check:
        http://www.ccl.net/cca/software/UNIX/apache/

Dear Developers:
Maybe you can use some of this in the HOWTO or READMEs which come with
TOMCAT. At the same time I realize that you may be cooking much better
stuff.

Dear Users:
Since the documentation seems to be quite scarce for Tomcat at this time,
I placed some of my notes on the Web. This stuff focuses on
Compilation/Building and Installation of Tomcat/Apache combination
under Linux and Solaris. Fetch the files which have red "New" by them.
Note that you can easily get rid of navigation embelishments, by clicking
at the link [Raw Version of this page] at the bottom of each page.
You may want to do it to print this stuff or to save it for future use
locally.

Jan,

Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    Internet: jkl@osc.edu
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |    http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |    http://www.osc.edu/