Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by pp <pr...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/16 09:41:20 UTC

Need Help

hi ,

I want to know that ,if it is neccesary that there should be  broker present
at publisher/producer as well as consumer/subscriber.

Re: Need Help

Posted by pp <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
can anyone tell me what is wild cards?
and what is its use in activemq.

Re: Need Help

Posted by Tracy Snell <ts...@gmail.com>.
Typically you have

N Initiators --> Broker --> Y Targets

So you'd start a broker. Then your programs that are feeding and the programs that are  consuming messages.

Re: Need Help

Posted by pp <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks gary .

 Thanks a lot.

Re: Need Help

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
typically not, typically there is a single broker.

On 16 September 2010 10:30, pp <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks gary.
>
> So we should have the initiator and target both should have the activemq
> broker.

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com

Re: Need Help

Posted by pp <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks gary.

Re: Need Help

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
it is typically client(producer/consumer) server (broker) but you can
embed brokers in either of the clients, for a producer that always
needs to be available for example, it can embed a broker that will
serve as a local store and forward messages to the ultimate target
broker.