Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/17 16:06:26 UTC

Re: Switching incubator.apache.org to svnpubsub?

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 6:33 PM, Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 12:26 AM, Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> wrote:
>> It is possible to run an incubator.staging.apache.org, syncing off a
>> branch, and the live site off trunk, or vice versa.
>>
>> (possible, but I wouldn't recommend it, merging html changes like that
>> is pretty meh)
>
> I think we pretty much have consensus so far to switch the main site.
> However, I know before we can deploy this for incubator.a.o that we
> need to determine how to get svnpubsub to deal with subdirs that
> aren't necessarily using svnpubsub - as we do not necessarily want to
> force all of the podlings to switch their sites right now.
> So...thoughts here?  I think you mentioned tweaking our rsync scripts,
> right?

Whats the status of this - do we still need to do "svn up" or is
svnpubsub now implemented?

Niall

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wm...@gmail.com>.
> On 6/17/2010 9:06 AM, Niall Pemberton wrote:

>>> I think we pretty much have consensus so far to switch the main site.
>>> However, I know before we can deploy this for incubator.a.o that we
>>> need to determine how to get svnpubsub to deal with subdirs that
>>> aren't necessarily using svnpubsub - as we do not necessarily want to
>>> force all of the podlings to switch their sites right now.
>>> So...thoughts here?  I think you mentioned tweaking our rsync scripts,
>>> right?
>>
>> Whats the status of this - do we still need to do "svn up" or is
>> svnpubsub now implemented?
>
> Do we really want to do this?  svnpubsub remains unsupported, AFAICT, and
> it's uptime/reliability has been dismal.

Speaking of, that service in moving from Solaris in the very near future, which
is rumored to be the origin of the stability problems.  So if incubator were to
wait a short period until that move, we might not have any issues once it has
been rolled out.

RE: Switching incubator.apache.org to svnpubsub?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Do we really want to do this?  svnpubsub remains unsupported, AFAICT, and
> it's uptime/reliability has been dismal.

I don't see any reason to make the change until infra tells us to do it, or at least likes the idea.

	--- Noel

Re: Switching incubator.apache.org to svnpubsub?

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.