Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Sebastian Ganschow <s....@buelow-masiak.de> on 2008/03/14 12:52:46 UTC

Spam Tagging on two systems

Hi,

for one of our customers our mail relays are the responsible
Mail-Server. Our servers are sending all of his mail to his own mail relay.

On our mail relays as well as on his on mail relay spamassassin is used
for spam tagging. Now we have the problem, that the customers mail relay
is deleting or overwriting or spam tagging.

How is it possible to set up the customers spamassassin, that it uses
our Spamtagging for spam classification?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Sebastian

Re: Spam Tagging on two systems

Posted by Per Jessen <pe...@computer.org>.
Sebastian Ganschow wrote:

> How is it possible to set up the customers spamassassin, that it uses
> our Spamtagging for spam classification?

You could just disable all the Spamassassin-supplied rules and write
your own simple set that only looks at your classification.  But, why
even try to classify something twice when once is enough?

/Per Jessen, Zürich

Re: Spam Tagging on two systems

Posted by Martin Gregorie <ma...@gregorie.org>.
On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 11:52, Sebastian Ganschow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for one of our customers our mail relays are the responsible
> Mail-Server. Our servers are sending all of his mail to his own mail relay.
>
> On our mail relays as well as on his on mail relay spamassassin is used
> for spam tagging. Now we have the problem, that the customers mail relay
> is deleting or overwriting or spam tagging.
>
> How is it possible to set up the customers spamassassin, that it uses
> our Spamtagging for spam classification?

If he wants his own rules to deal with his mail, its working just the
way he wants.

If he wants to use your rules then he should disable his copy of SA.

AFAIK he can't have it both ways.

Martin