Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net> on 2004/01/09 03:30:56 UTC

Forrestized Web Page

OK .. the initial hell is done!

The Forrest stuff looks quite good. Getting it to build is not easy ... you need to get xml-forrest
from CVS (make sure to use the FORREST_05_BRANCH tag) and follow directions for building Forrest.

Update Tapestry's config/build.properties to add a forrest.home entry.

"ant site" will build the site, putting the results in build/site.

I've updated the master build.xml to integrate the documentation generated from DocBook and the
component reference with the Forrest-generated documentation.

doc/forrest contains all the files and resources needed by Forrest -- in particular,
doc/forrest/content/xdocs contains the main file, in Forrest's xdoc format, for the home page
(index.xml), documentation (doc.xml), list of developers (dev.xml), etc.

In addition, when making changes and fixing bugs, update the file status.xml in the root directory.
It's an XML version of TODO.html and STATUS.html (those will be going away). Add <action> elements
to talk about changes and fixes.  Plenty of examples there.  We need to back-date changes for a
couple of releases (perhaps).

I'm going to try and get the new version of the home page up on Jakarta shortly.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components