Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Lian, Xiaobu (Alice) (Xiaobu (Alice))" <li...@agere.com> on 2001/04/19 23:50:33 UTC

RE: mod_jk problem - Redo configure apache with problem

In order to solve my mod_jk problem on hp-ux, I took the advice from
Mike Braden.  Thanks a lot to Mike!

I tried to configure with apache_1.3.17 which I downloaded before,
but received some error messages.  Then I download apache_1.3.19 and
redo the configure command, and saw the same error messages as below.

My questions are:
  1. why gcc has been recognized first, and then some Error message about
ANSI C
     still was shown: "Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such as gcc."
  2. I have downloadeded gnu make, but still have problem with it. (path is
     (/opt/gcc/bin/gmake - should I rename gmake to make?)
     How can I fix the problem with
      "A test compilation with your Makefile configuration failed."

 ( I have gnu gcc and gnu make installed in my server with the PATH setup to
them.
   Is there anything else I need to do before running configure? )

Here is the command I run:
# cd apache_1.3.19
# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache \
              --enable-module=most \
              --enable-shared=max

***** Screen captures of the error message *****

Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.19
 + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
 + enabling mod_so for DSO support
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for HP-UX 11 platform
 + setting C compiler to gcc
 + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
    o rewrite_module uses ConfigStart/End
      disabling DBM support for mod_rewrite
      (perhaps you need to add -ldbm, -lndbm or -lgdbm to EXTRA_LIBS)
    o dbm_auth_module uses ConfigStart/End
 + checking sizeof various data types
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
** failed.  The below error output from the compilation
** test will give you an idea what is failing. Note that
** Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such as gcc.

        cd ..; gcc  -DHPUX11 -DNO_DBM_REWRITEMAP -DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT
-I./lib/expat-lite `./apaci`     -o helpers/dummy helpers/dummy.c   -lm
-lpthread
as: "/var/tmp/cc4VDJjb.s", line 14: error 1052: Directive name not
recognized - NSUBSPA
as: "/var/tmp/cc4VDJjb.s", line 46: error 1052: Directive name not
recognized - NSUBSPA
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
======== Error Output for sanity check ========
============= End of Error Report =============

 Aborting!

**** End of screen captures ****

Does anybody have some ideas about what was wrong?  Any advice?
Thanks a lot!

Alice

Xiaobu Alice Lian
Database Engineer