Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by surfnerd <su...@outlook.com> on 2014/06/01 00:02:51 UTC

RAM or Core for AMQ

We are trying ActiveMQ and it's tough to scale beyond 17000 msgs / second.
What affects more for AMQ performance RAM or Core ?

Can anyone please share insights about AMQ performance at scale ?

Thank you

Re: RAM or Core for AMQ

Posted by surfnerd <su...@outlook.com>.
Hi Gary,

We are doing simple test with

20 Publishers
5 subscriber
Server is windows 2012 R2

Message size is very small ( around 20 bytes) and RAM available is 16 GB and
4 core.
It's all persistent messages and using KahaDB.

I am going to deploy on 8 core / 14 GB azure soon.
I want to achieve around 50000 msgs / second from 25000 publisher /
subscriber on single master slave pair.

Re: RAM or Core for AMQ

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
 can you elaborate on what sort of test your are running - message
size, persistent or non persistent, destination type, num
producer/consumer pairs, protocol etc. AMQ is not great at using
multiple cores so mostly gets cpu bound on 2/3 cores. So RAM/CPU is
the answer up to a point

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: RAM or Core for AMQ