Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Martin Samm <ma...@image.net> on 2003/01/20 14:56:43 UTC

Remote Testing

I've been using version 1.7(beta 3) successfully for a couple of weeks on Win2K and now want to use remote testing on our main app. server.
I followed the instruction and have the rimregistry and jmeter-server running on the server (Solaris 8, java version reported 1.3.1_04) and jmeter GUI running my (client) machine, java version reported as 1.3.1_01. I've amended the properties (on the client) to i have the server as a remote_host. When i select a Run -> Remote Start from the GUI i get the following error :
java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments;
nested exception is:
java.io.InvalidClassException: org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.config.UrlConfig;
Local class not compatible: stream classdesc
serialVersionUID=5243396282924225025 local class serialVersionUID=-8819807971292695595

Has anyone seen this?

martin samm
image.net
m : 077689 42133 | e : martins@imagenet.co.uk
t : 020 7841 0566

Re: Remote Testing

Posted by Bruno Dillenseger <br...@rd.francetelecom.com>.
Yes, I've seen this kind of problem, but with another software. What I experienced is such a serialVersionUID incompatibility between JDK1.4.x and JDK 1.3.x.

Are you really sure about the Java version that is used on both machines? If you are using a Windows machine, remember that java is included in the system directory, and then is already in the path, probably before what you added. Try to use absolute pathnames to the wanted JDK, just to be sure.

Hope it helps,
-- Bruno.

Re: Remote Testing

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Do you have the exact same version of JMeter installed on both machines?

What are you doing that requires you to run JMeter on your application
server?  You shouldn't really be running JMeter on the server you are load
testing - running test clients on this machine will add to its load and
impact the performance of the application you are testing.

Is there any reason why you are not using JMeter 1.8?

Cheers,

Scott
--
Scott Eade