Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Jay donnell <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/28 19:25:44 UTC

trouble installing on Red Hat 4.1.1

I followed the instructions from the wiki
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_SpiderMonkey?action=show&redirect=InstallingSpiderMonkey
and
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_RHEL4

Whenever I run 'couchdb' I get the error below. I tried the options to
./configure and the LD_LIBRARY_PATH but both resulted in the same
error. Anyone have any ideas?

Apache CouchDB 0.8.1-incubating (LogLevel=info)
Apache CouchDB is starting.

{"init terminating in do_boot","libjs.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory"}

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
init terminating in do_boot (libjs.so: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory)

NOTE: the spidermonkey .so is there
# ls /usr/local/spidermonkey/lib/
libjs.a  libjs.so

Re: trouble installing on Red Hat 4.1.1

Posted by Jay donnell <ja...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I used lib instead of lib64 :)

ldconfig did the trick, thanks. I wish I could upgrade our OS but I'm
at GIANT CORPORATION so I have no say in the matter.

Jay

Posted by Brian Candler <B....@pobox.com>.