Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Craig Tataryn <cr...@hotmail.com> on 2002/09/05 21:06:16 UTC

Re: [OT] EasyStruts and location of the generated Action file (URGENT)

I too use the Tomcat & Easy Struts plugins for Eclipse.  In fact I would say
they go hand in hand.

Typically this is what you do:

Install the Tomcat plugin, go into Window->Preferences-Tomcat and tell it
where your tomcat base directory (CATILINA_HOME if you will) then create a
new Tomcat project.  This ensures that your server.xml file will be setup
properly so that a new context is added which points to your
eclipse/workspaces/<projectName>/WEB-INF/ folder and your sources will be
compiled to the proper directories.

If you need to stick jars in the WEB-INF/lib directory, right click on your
project in the Java perspective (top most node) and choose Properties->Java
Build Path->Libraries->Add External JARS.  Add the jar file, and the next
time you refresh your WEB-INF/lib directory in eclipse you will see the new
jar file appear there and you can use it's classes in your servlets.

Sound good?  So it just seems like you never started your project off as a
"Tomcat" project before using the Easy Struts wizards.  Like I said, the
Tomcat project container ensures that Tomcat knows where your classes are
and it also ensures that the WEB-INF directory structure is created and
updated for your project.

later,

craiger

>From: Tiago Nodari <ti...@uol.com.br>
>Subject: Re: EasyStruts and location of the generated Action file  (URGENT)
>Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 15:31:44 -0300
>

>         Hi,
>
>         I dont use eclipse that much but what I do is set the project base
>path as CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ and I use a plugin called
>Tomcat which has a project called tomcat that creates a web-inf and inside
>the web-inf a src and classes dir, works really nice...
>
>http://www.sysdeo.com/eclipse/tomcatPlugin.html
>

>At 03:18 PM 9/5/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>
>>         When I create a new Action class, it tries to save the file at:
>>         [.jpx project's location]/base package/src/base package +
>>Action
>>class package.
>>         Why this path?
>>         The file must be created under the
>>         CATALINA_HOME/webapps/src/base package+ Action class package
>>         I don't understand which path (EasyStruts properties or setup I
>>must
>>change).
>>         Where are saved the parameters declared in the EasyStruts set up
>>and
>>properties ?
>>         Is it possible to share them ?
>>
>>--