Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Edward S <su...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/04 17:08:46 UTC

Cocoon and FOP

hi,

we are using Cocoon 2.1.9
It comes with a FOP 0.20.5 jar and the FOP components are based on that jar.

I found out that FOP 0.93 has a lot of different features as compared to
0.20.5
How can we use those features in Cocoon.

-Ed.

Re: Cocoon and FOP

Posted by Stephen Winnall <st...@winnall.ch>.
I ran up against an issue in this area too. 0.20.5 can't handle
transparency whereas 0.93 can. However, I  was unable to find a work-
around which didn't involve reimplementing FOP for Cocoon (there are
changes in the API between the two versions), and I didn't have
enough time to do that. So I stuck with 0.20.5 and found work-arounds.

Steve

RE: Cocoon and FOP

Posted by Kai Mütz <km...@web.de>.
Edward S <> wrote:
> hi,
>
> we are using Cocoon 2.1.9
> It comes with a FOP 0.20.5 jar and the FOP components are based on
> that jar.
>
> I found out that FOP 0.93 has a lot of different features as compared
> to 0.20.5 How can we use those features in Cocoon.

I have replaced the fop jar with the 0.93 version and use the
FOPNGSerializer shipped with cocoon 2.2 instead of the integrated FOP
components. It works pretty well.

> -Ed.

Kai